– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Wrangler Women's Shiloh Low Rise Boot Cut Ultimate Riding JeanWrap Skirt Silk Blend Jean Paul Gaultier Made in Size 36 US6 orangeX By Gottex Signature Zipper JoggerX76 Guess Women's Boiler Romper MSPR 118 and Tax
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Xcvi New With Tags Kyra Short Distress Wash Evening
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Xhilaration Boho bluee White palazzo pants Size M
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
XL gold METALLIC ELEGANT CASSIE skirt Lularoe extra small shinyXOXO Juniors Sportswear 8572BL3 Womens Linen Side Button ShortXS and S maternity pants, jeans and jean shortsX-Small Upcycled Girls on the Run Tshirt Aline High Waisted Skirt Navy Red White
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Y’s Yohji Yamamoto Size 3 PantsYakuza Woman Sweatpants Daily Use Skinny Jogger GJOB-13150 bluee AtollYaya Women Pull On Trousers (XL) New & Authentic
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Yellow Leather Wrap Mini Skirt Topshop Size 10YFB Clothing NEW White Womens Size XS Ruffle Off-Shoulder Jumpsuit 189 603YLANG YLANG Skirts 594174 BeigeｘMulticolor M
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | WOMENS white cotton lined SKIRT = REED = SIZE LARGE = NEW 70 = cs21? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Yoachy, Collections, Elegant split sides Kaftan wedding party dressYohji Yamamoto FEMME Gabardine Zip Design Pants Size 1(K-63701)Yohji Yamamoto black Plaids Silk Wrap Skirt Size 2(K-64352)
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
YOSHIE INABA Linen A line skirt Size 11(K-51888)Young Fabulous & Broke Womens Estelle Solid Romper, LY's Code design cropped pants Size 2(K-48439)